Is Your Digitalized Organization Cybersecure?
Here is How to Find Out! It seems that everyday a new major cyber breach is announced. The Rapid Response Institute and its Principals have addressed this issue many times through a variety of venues and publications. We recently conducted a workshop, “Implementing Digitalization: A…
Critical Mass: Value from the RBC Framework
Nuclear physicists define the term, “critical mass” as the amount of fissile material whereby a nuclear reaction is self-sustaining. From that original definition, the construct is further developed along societal and political terms as a function of the environment and number of adopters and their interdependencies that create enough of a consensus for individual actions that sustains an undertaking.
In 1996, the author published the first of several case studies on a societal interaction model based on the Relationships, Behavior and Conditions (RBC) construct among economic actors. Previously the model was only in the domain of academia.
This blog addresses contemporary issues from the RBC perspective and whether in the present state they are sustainable or not. Many readers may be familiar with the “Innovation Adoption Curve.” RBC seeks to enlighten the causality of behaviors that cause movement towards the critical mass that generates movement along this diffusion curve.
- Love to Have the Opportunity to Learn About Your Company: I Know I Can Help June 22, 2018
- Are Organizational Governance Models Broken: Why Can’t Management Get a Handle on Things? May 27, 2018
- Is Your Digitalized Organization Cybersecure? April 15, 2018
- Organizational Predators: Jackals, Hyenas, and Wolves in Managerial Clothing January 25, 2018
- A New Relationship January 10, 2018
Other Blogs Dr. Shemwell Authors
Dr. Shemwell is an author for the following 3rd party blogs.
Governing Energy Blog
BTOES Insights is the content portal for Business Transformation & Operational Excellence opinions, reports & news. Dr. Shemwell is a contributor.
About the Author
Dr. Scott M. Shemwell has over 30 years technical and executive management experience primarily in the energy sector. He is the author of six books and has written extensively about the field of operations. Shemwell is the Managing Director of The Rapid Response Institute, a firm that focuses on providing its customers with solutions enabling Operational Excellence and regulatory compliance management. He has studied cultural interactions for more than 30 years—his dissertation; Cross Cultural Negotiations Between Japanese and American Businessmen: A Systems Analysis (Exploratory Study) is an early peer reviewed manuscript addressing the systemic structure of societal relationships.
- Love to Have the Opportunity to Learn About Your Company: I Know I Can Help
- Are Organizational Governance Models Broken: Why Can’t Management Get a Handle on Things?
- Is Your Digitalized Organization Cybersecure?
- Organizational Predators: Jackals, Hyenas, and Wolves in Managerial Clothing
- A New Relationship